Progress report is in.


The good:

  • I'm out of a job I hated. I wasn't afraid of the work. I'm lazy on my own time, thank you. No no no. It wasn't an atmosphere I wanted to stay in. It was temporary for just 10 weeks. I was counting down the days from week 2. 
  • I have time to shop, cook and eat well even if I lack the money. (I think I'll make big batches and freeze) Banana toast is yummy! 
  • It's only two months until I get to see one of my favourite people. 
  • Exercise is actually happening. My muscles hate me but the dog is delighted.
  • I've made out a schedule for the blog. So be prepared for well-planned fun and frolicking.
The Bad:
  • I haven't been writing so much. You may have guessed that from it being missing from the good list. I have been project switching like crazy but still find it slow going.  
  • I haven't been editing either. I now have the time and no excuses. If I were someone else I'd hit me. Or yell at me. I'd at least give a disapproving look and make a tutting noise.
  • That blog schedule? I've had that for about two weeks now. Haven't been so good at following it. 

Not too happy with this but I barely pass. The only thing that saved me this time was that I did write something and have been actively thinking and organising. I can do better. Much better. 

The Result: D-

My suggestions include writing a little every day, getting up early/staying up later and keeping track of what I do everyday in Google calender.

It doesn't matter if it's a blog post or a few hundred words. I'm not going to worry about prioritizing until I get a more structured day.

It doesn't matter if I want to write or not. If I want people to take me seriously when I say that this isn't just a hobby, then I'm going to have to prove it. Keep going.

It doesn't matter if people distract me. It's my job to work around that.I need to start getting up earlier or stay up later as it is impossible to write otherwise. This place is way to noisy when everyone is here and awake. 

It doesn't matter if keeping track takes up time. It'll give me an idea of how much I get done at what times. That'll make it easier for me to track when I'm most productive and work from that. 

I'm going to try keep up the exercise and good food. It makes me focus better. When I focus better I write better. That alone would be a good reason. It's not my reason though. I'm going to keep doing it because it makes me feel good.

Keep well and keep writing,
C.



Comments

  1. Maybe your project switching is a sign that you haven't found the right story yet. :-)

    Good luck with getting back on track! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misha. It could be. I also have about the same level of focus as a hyperactive puppy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The self publishing experiment.

Playlists!