Spending a day without words.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Halloween is my favourite holiday. With sweets and costumes, what's not to love! I sadly won't be dressing up this year. At least not excessively. I might give myself peacock eyes or something. I'm on sweet duty this year. Can't wait to see all the cute costumes.

The other thing is that tomorrow is the start of NaNoWriMo. Tomorrow. It got near scary fast. I've decided to not write anything today even though I'm itching to go. It's hard. Harder than I thought. I've spent the last few weeks writing every day I can and it's built up a habit. That's good. It's half ten in the morning and I want to write. I have my novel all planned and plotted. I know my characters. They are asking me to write them. I know my world. It wants me to go explore.

So why take today off?

Nano is 50,000 words and I'm worried about burn out if I do too much too soon. The goal is definitely do-able. To get it done I need to write 1,667 words written a day for 30 days.
I get about two hours of writing a day and about 1,000 words written an hour. Some days I get more. So long as I'm excited. I don't want this to be a chore. I want to enjoy every minute of it. So that's why I'm taking a break. Even if I don't want to.

So what am I going to do for the day?
I'll listen to music and watch shows. It's funny because I rarely watch t.v. but there are some shows I love. This will be a chance to catch up. I'll watch 'Howl's moving castle'. I'll walk my dog. I have a dog. he's old (14) and stupid and a coward and I love him completely.
Meet Toby. Toby likes cuddles and tries to lick eyeballs.

While not writing I'll day dream and allow myself to think up and explore a new idea if it comes to me.

This doesn't count as writing. This is cool down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The self publishing experiment.

Playlists!