PROGRESS!

For the last three weeks I has have a project outside NaNo. I have been studying me.

It's easy. I have a excel sheet (but honestly all you need is a piece of paper) and on it is the date, what time I start and finish, where I am, whether I am listening to music and how many words I wrote in the time.

This is what I learned:

I get between 900 and 2000 words per hour. I do better when listening to music. I do better when I'm sitting at a desk.

By keeping track I know I do best from twelve to three. Odd that. I figured I would be a night owl or a morning bird. Not a weird in-between person.

But by keeping track I've been able to beat the system, my own messed up system.
I know when and where to write to get the best results and with 28,000 words written on the 13th of November, I know that I can do NaNo. I can win!

Not only that but must short stories are going well too. The change in what I'm writing helps me from burning out. Every day I write at least two thousand words into my novel. That's my daily goal. Most days I write more. I want to write more.

Point is-plotter or pantser doesn't matter! Keep track of the whens and the wheres and I can promise you will learn something about your writing and yourself.

How are you getting on? Boost about your word count! Your method! Do you keep track? How? When do you write best? More than one thing at a time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The self publishing experiment.

Playlists!